This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iOS Developer Questions??
03-06-2014, 04:10 AM
iOS Developer Questions??
So I have already started making my app (I'm 17) and plan to actually publish it when I am 18 to pay for college, or have it under my parents name. But I have a few questions regarding things beyond my area of expertise.

Free app or paid? - I am planing on making an indie-type app, but do not know whether it would be an overall better experience if I made it paid or free w/ iAds and in app purchases.

Legal Jargon? - I'm definitely not a lawyer, so what should I worry about as far as copyrighting, trademarking, dev "companies" and those rights specific to them. Also, as far as making music, sprites etc, am I liable for any copyright infringement if I use photoshop to make a sprite versus say sketchbook or any other app?

"Company" - I see peoples names for their "company" a lot in the app store, but at the same time, other "studios" that may only be run by one person. If I was to create a pseudonym or other form of "company" would I have to separately copyright that too, or can I use it when publishing etc. regardless.

Obj C or C++? - I know C++ almost fluently and I know that iOS are usually coded in Obj C, but porting C++ over to java is far more do-able than having to re-write an entire game if i wanted to extend my app into the android market. Should I learn Obj C?

Potential Cost? - Aside from the $100 a year to have access to "Dev Stuff" and keep your app on the app store, will it cost anything more if I wanted to add Game Center capabilities etc? I already understand that it may cost money to pay for programs.

iAd? - how exactly do you add iAd banner capabilities to your app? I can't seem to find it on the internet.

Other notes: My cousin and I are making this app. Is there anything you would personally recommend to new developers? Personal experience based answers AND links are appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
iOS Developer Questions?? - Frostbit Yeti - 03-06-2014 04:10 AM
[] - Kaydell - 03-06-2014, 04:19 AM
[] - bcnu - 03-06-2014, 04:31 AM