This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend is in an emotionally and partially physically abusive relationship. Need of legal options asap.?
03-14-2014, 05:21 PM
My friend is in an emotionally and partially physically abusive relationship. Need of legal options asap.?
My friend is in an emotionally and partially physically abusive relationship. She met him when she was 16 years old, he was 25 at the time and they are engaged (6 months into the relationship). She is 100% controlled by his manipulation. I am her work friend and unfortunately work is the only place where she is relatively 'free' in comparison to everything else. Even when she has to go to the ladies room, she has to call him and update him about what's happening at work (any guys working, who, is it busy, who are you talking too etc..) I believe the reason for his behaviour is because he was cheated on by his previous wife and now he has to keep full control to prevent this happening again, obviously paranoia. She has once tried to end the relationship, fairly recently infact, but he became aggressive and violent so they are still together. What can I do legally (e.g. restraining order) to stop this unacceptable behaviour and let her continue her life. This has been going on for too long.

Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My friend is in an emotionally and partially physically abusive relationship. Need of legal options asap.? - Josh - 03-14-2014 05:21 PM
[] - Ashley - 03-14-2014, 05:26 PM
[] - ? - 03-14-2014, 05:29 PM
[] - Jenni - 03-14-2014, 05:46 PM
[] - Patricia - 03-14-2014, 05:53 PM
[] - Grace - 03-14-2014, 06:05 PM