This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I get upset & sad at the thought of my EX fiancee being with another woman?
03-15-2014, 01:25 PM

Hi Bri,

You know, your story reminds me of an article i read a couple of months ago about a subtle form of emotional abuse that called "gaslighting" which essentially consists of one partner calling another crazy or making them believe they are being unreasonable or even have something wrong with them for having perfectly normal reactions or concerns. Men do this alot to women, to a point where many women start justifying and defending being upset about something perfectly -upsetting- in fear of being labeled "crazy" by a man.

I'll tell you what, it sounds like you have a good thing going without him, especially this past summer, so try to focus on more things like these. Surround yourself with people and things that make you happy, not stressed and upset. Focus on building up your life and career, and yourself as a person. This will not only give you more self esteem but will also have a good chance of attracting the person who is RIGHT for you. He did not treat you well and never will... so believe me, no matter what you think, no person deserves to be with someone who humiliates or abuses them in any way. Alone is always better than this.

So then why do you think about him? Probably because you keep wondering what you did wrong to deserve this and what that other girl has that you dont to win his love. Short answer: Nothing! Problem is in him, not you, and I guarantee you he is treating any other girl the same way he treated you. Speaking from experience, these kinds of men don't change easily.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Chris - 03-15-2014, 12:59 PM
[] - Nancy M - 03-15-2014, 01:11 PM
[] - Gale - 03-15-2014 01:25 PM
[] - Patrick - 03-15-2014, 01:36 PM
[] - Another Crone - 03-15-2014, 01:38 PM