This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why would you want to be friends with an ex? Who has time for that nonsense?
03-20-2014, 09:29 PM

I just went through a divorce after being with my wife for 17 years and having 2 kids under 12 with her. She said she hoped we could be friends. She initiated it and had an emotional affair while we were married.

I think there are benefits to being friends with somebody that you have been with for a long time. You know the other person better than anybody else knows them. You can help guide them.

I find myself conflicted between trying to get her back to help restore my family and being disgusted with recent behaviors of her and the way she threw our family away. I did not want to be just friends with her and because she wants it, I want nothing to do with that idea.

She comes to me seeking emotional support when her new guy friend isn&#x27;t around or its a problem she needs help with ( a relationship I know the full history of ) and he has no knowledge or context of. She isn&#x27;t there for me when I need her, so I see this is a one way deal.

Its all hard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Shannon - 03-20-2014, 09:10 PM
[] - Inky Gilmartin - 03-20-2014, 09:17 PM
[] - rlc_60504 - 03-20-2014 09:29 PM