This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a brother that was put up for adoptions and I was wondering what is the best way to try and find him?
03-21-2014, 03:57 AM

If he is 18 or older he may be searching for his natural family anyway but you can search as well. You may be able to get your name on search registers, the adoption agency might help, setting a page on Facebook and so on.

Don't take any notice of MizzB's negativity as she doesn't know your brother therefore has no right to state how he might or might feel.

It's not unusual for adoptees to have many issues about about being adopted but that doesn't mean he shouldn't search or that you shouldn't. Reunion may help him to work through his issues. If he doesn't know that he is adopted then it's wrong of his adopters to have lived a lie by default because they haven't told him the truth. Your brother has the right to know the truth, have access to medical information and know who is his natural family.

She is wrong to question who benefits finding him if you reunite. Even if your brother doesn't want a reunion then at least you have closure and he knows you cared enough to search so both of you will benefit. On the other side of the coin he nay be searching so if you reunite then you benefit, the rest of your family benefit and your brother benefits. to .

It can be a minefield of emotional trauma for your brother but it can be for your mother as she is the one who surrendered hi. If she was coerced into surrendering then it will bring back the trauma of that ... trust me I know what I am talking about as I was coerced into surrendering my son.

Don't be put off searching for your brother by negative people and good luck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - MizzB - 03-21-2014, 03:36 AM
[] - H****** - 03-21-2014, 03:40 AM
[] - Kbw - 03-21-2014, 03:47 AM
[] - Pip - 03-21-2014 03:57 AM