This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have an unhealthy obsession with anime. What can I do about it?
03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I have an unhealthy obsession with anime. What can I do about it?
I've been completely obsessed with anime for the past 7 years or so. By now, I've watched all the older anime I wanted to see, so I mostly follow the currently airing shows. With my remaining time, I spend hours every day browsing anime images and refreshing anime news/forum/blog sites, over and over and over again, hoping for new information and discussions to come up. I think I have some sort of weird reaction to the colorful images in anime, because just being able to see those images makes me feel better. I really hate this because it's such an unproductive use of my time and I don't get anything done. It's gotten to a point where I basically don't have any other hobbies (and can't get into any other hobbies).

The worst part is that I'm a senior in college who should be preparing to enter the workforce in a few months. Instead I'm slacking off and clicking away at anime pics every day.

Also, I got to mention that I don't have any friends in college. Had friends back in high school, but I basically spent my college years (other than studying) on marathoning anime for hours at a time. Looking back, I completely weirded out my roommates every year, too (I live alone now). Joined anime club back in freshman year but soon quit because I didn't feel like going anymore. I feel incredibly lonely and pathetic about all this.

Do you have any advice for this? Should I go talk to a university counselor or something? To be honest, I tried to get counseling once, but the counselor they assigned me happened to be a Japanese guy. I didn't go because I was afraid that I might come off as too creepy with my obsession with something from their country.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I have an unhealthy obsession with anime. What can I do about it? - Bookworm - 03-24-2014 10:20 AM
[] - Chelsea - 03-24-2014, 10:22 AM
[] - Salvador - 03-24-2014, 10:23 AM