This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regrets reporting cyber crime?
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

I don't understand why you regret reporting him.

He made violent threats towards you. When you blocked him, he made another account and continued. DeviantArt clearly can't deal with people who do this, so the logical next step was to contact the police and (since he is a minor) the guy's parents.

Someone needs to deal with this guy. When people are allowed to get away with making threats, some people become too intimidated to stay online. And there is no way of knowing whether someone really is a threat. The police need to be involved.

I doubt that the guy's parents will get into trouble. The police are so bad at dealing with cyber crime that I would be surprised if anyone even contacted the parents. At any rate, I don't know why you'd think it would be unfair if the guy's parents were contacted by the police. They are clearly doing something wrong if their kid spends his time online threatening people. They need to know what is going on.

You did the right thing. Let's hope the police will care enough to get involved and set this guy straight before he gets himself into even more trouble.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Regrets reporting cyber crime? - Kristina - 03-24-2014, 10:24 AM
[] - Antst - 03-24-2014 10:34 AM