This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I stop watching anime?
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Should I stop watching anime?
So I am a male sophomore in high school now, and I just began watching the horror anime "Another" this last week, since I have always had a secret fascination of Asian culture and horror stories. The show had a great story and depressing mood that I really enjoyed. I especially enjoyed scenes such as when the characters were talking in a coffee shop during the snowy winter of Japan or when they were hanging out in a Japanese school. But, as soon as I went to school I started to talk less to my friends and become more antisocial every time I thought about a sad song or scene from "Another," especially since anime is considered "uncool" and I have a somewhat popular image. Also, my friends talk more about American media, which Anime has made me less interested in. This continued for the whole week, and every day I just waited to go home after school, watch "Another," and long for a life in Japan that I can never have; I was turning into such an escapist. It also made me talk less to my family and not do my homework. I gradually became more depressed, and by the end of the week I decided that I needed to finish the anime for my own good, so I watched the last five episodes all in one night. It had such a beautiful ending that I actually cried for the first time in years and it felt great. But, when I went back to school I started to feel like a weak anime nerd and act weird after so much exposure to Japanese culture. Is this normal when you first start to watch anime? Do you eventually get used to it after watching more anime? Or does anime make you more antisocial? Should I stop watching it for my own good? I'm worried that I might turn into an otaku and completely ruin my social image if i continue to watch it. Please let me know if you have helpful advice or can relate in any way, thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I stop watching anime? - S.P.A.W.N - 03-24-2014 10:48 AM
[] - Sparta - 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
[] - DuckyFuzzles - 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
[] - Tom - 03-24-2014, 11:10 AM
[] - Yongyee - 03-24-2014, 11:11 AM
[] - Fujaku - 03-24-2014, 11:19 AM
[] - Wallflower - 03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
[] - Share - 03-24-2014, 11:34 AM