This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a crush on my doctor what should I do?
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

This is actually a common psychological occurrence within patients. It happens because
1. You are basically telling the doctor about many personal things, and thus sharing such personal information can make you feel as if you are closer to them.
2. They are taking care of you when you are ill, and thus this feeling being similar to being taken care of from a significant other can make your mind feel attraction to them.
3. You are in a room alone with them, and again this can make your mind feel as if you are intimate with them.
Sorry if this isn't the best explanation. I can't remember the specific psychological term for it, unfortunately, but it is common and usually fades away once you don't see them anymore.

I think it's important to remember that the relation between the doctor and their patient has to remain professional,and he is only caring for you because he is paid to and it's his job. Nothing more.
Just focus on your health.

I hope you get better with whatever is happening, but if you really want a relationship you should be seeking it in other areas of your life.

And the facebook stalking is just a bit creepy, I'm sorry. No doctor is going to put their professional life nor personal life on the line to be with any patient. That is lacking in professionalism. Do you realize how much money he had to pay to get through medical school and to get to where he is? He's not going to do anything to risk his job.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - lamido - 03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
[] - Schuyler - 03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
[] - phillip - 03-24-2014, 04:29 PM
[] - runwithme. - 03-24-2014 04:33 PM
[] - Common Sense - 03-24-2014, 04:41 PM
[] - pixie - 03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
[] - Patricia - 03-24-2014, 04:53 PM