This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think about homeschooling for High School?
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
What do you think about homeschooling for High School?
I am going to permanently at home due to my medical condition. My principle, therapist, and counselors all think it's a good idea because I've missed so much school this year. My grades are amazing but if I'm not there for the amount of days required they are going to hold me back due to it, so they suggested Homeschooling. My mother is also medically retired from the Air National Guard, so she'll be home with me all the time, so she doesn't mind the idea, she kind of agrees with it because of how severe my condition is. My father has sent the application already this weekend. I don't know when it will get reviewed and everything so yeah. But my counselor is worried that I won't get any physical or social activity. Already due to my medical condition I can't do anything really physical like running, jumping, skipping, etc., I can hardly walk up two - four stairs without feeling exhausted and like I climbed eight hundred stairs. And I've never been really social with anybody except the little kids that I babysit all the time and parents. The little kids are such sweethearts because they know that I'm sore and they need to be careful but that doesn't mean that they don't keep me on my toes lol. But anyways I want to ask,

What do you think of homeschooling? I've been told I can still get into a great college. I've looked at so many different schools and I love their courses!
Is homeschooling alright?
Is it bad that I'm really not all that worried but when think about it I start crying?
I know I'm going to miss some of the friends and teachers that are there but I don't know what else I could do.
I want to keep my health in check and don't want to push my self off the edge so being able to stay home, not be sore, and still be able to be in school is good right? I don't know I'm really nervous that I won't get accepted but than again if I do I feel like I'm not going to want to go and drop out. But I really want to do this homeschooling because I've been trying to get homeschooled for years! Since I was in 6th grade due to my health.

I love the courses they have.
I love the teachers that are there.

Is homeschooling okay?
What do you think of homeschooling?
Is it bad that I'm not really all that worried?
Will trying to transfer to a new school be too much for me?

I'm really sorry to bother you guys with questions like this, it's just, I don't know what to do anymore. My parents say I'll be alright, my teachers said I'll do great, and my friends say they're going to miss me. I'm at the top of my Sophomore Class and I'm still worried with a new school and a new surrounding doing school is going to mess me up but I really want to stay pain free and feel good enough where I can go out and have some fun without missing 3 months of school in a semester.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What do you think about homeschooling for High School? - Minami Akatsuki - 03-24-2014 04:12 PM
[] - vulcan_alex - 03-24-2014, 04:16 PM
[] - Sarah - 03-24-2014, 04:18 PM
[] - Amanda - 03-24-2014, 04:22 PM