This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does it mean when you partner wants space?
03-24-2014, 04:44 PM
What does it mean when you partner wants space?
Fiance and I have been together 4 years. It has been rough with the loss of a baby, major family illnesses and surgeries, deaths, it has been non stop tragedy for us. It hasn't been easy but we've always overcome them. However, about 2 months ago we go into a small argument that blew way out of proportion. He ended up saying it was over. We didn't see each other or talk for a week, then we talked and he said he wanted to work it out but he needed space and time. Of course this makes me nervous not knowing what he really wants. We talked everyday, still speaking like together, but not seeing each other. But when he initially ended it he removed me from his social media and this upset me that he wouldnt re-add me after deciding to try to work it out. My fear got the best of me when I saw that he was online on social media and ignoring my calls and texts. I ended up texting him that I couldn't take being ignored. This angered him and he refused to speak to me at all for days. Whenhe finally did he just chatted like I was a friend, no more ILY, no more pet names, very short to the point texts, and if we talked on th ephone he would either just hang up or say bye without saying ILY. Yes, I realize this doesn't look good, but the thing is, he is under enormous stress, his parents are both very ill and I know he spends a great deal of time caring for them. It is going to really hurt him when they pass and I know he is scared of that. Today he text me saying that he loves me but needs space to figure this out with his parents. I still haven't seen him in almost 2 months. I hate this being single but talking like friends. Im so afraid im losing him, yes I see the stress but im trying to help care for his parents and he has cut me off. Im afraid to hold on because he may never return, and holding on is very painful when I can see him adding tons of other women. Although I do know he is NOT seeing anyone else. I just hate not feeling important to him, not knowing if he loves me anymore, but then I know he isn't himself, but ive also told him how much it hurts me that he ignores me and adds all these women but refuses to add me. even though mutual friends tell me that he isn't doing anything inappropriate online that they have seen. But he still wont add me, even if I made him choose between adding me or saying goodbye, I know for fact he would say goodbye. Help Sad I don't understand this. If his parents weren't sick and there wasn't stress I would just say goodbye, but I know something is wrong, but is this normal to shut everyone out and intentionally hurt them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What does it mean when you partner wants space? - A - 03-24-2014 04:44 PM
[] - charlie - 03-24-2014, 04:51 PM
[] - acmeraven - 03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
[] - Katie;)<3 - 03-24-2014, 05:04 PM
[] - Nancy M - 03-24-2014, 05:11 PM
[] - greg - 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM
[] - g - 03-24-2014, 05:20 PM
[] - widerat246 - 03-24-2014, 05:21 PM