This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Facebook makes me feel trapped?
04-08-2014, 04:55 AM

Wow, I feel like I just read something that I typed myself. Sooo weird, but yeah, this is exactly what has happened to me. I made a facebook account 2 weeks ago since people had been pressuring me to get one for awhile and I had gone over almost a year without any type of social network. I don't know why I suddenly gave in and decided to create a new account, but I did, and every day since i've been trying to think of cool, funny, or interesting things to post on my status (which I can't think of) when in reality, I've been dealing with major problems that none of my friends know anything about. The sad thing is it's because we drifted apart since I deleted all of my social networks, and it was like I was slowly deleted too. It seems like you have to try to impress your friends or people, for whatever reason, to boost your self esteem or to give them reasons to like you. That isn't true though. I know that it won't be too long before I delete mine because I realize that my life was much more peaceful before I joined and I didn't feel like everything I said was being speculated. Facebook is a cop-out from the real world, and it's a place where most people aren't truely themselves. It's all a big show that everyone puts on, to make you think that their life is so exciting or so great. but there is more than meets the eye. Everyone will look at it differently, but this is just how I feel. Just tell your friends the truth... that you realized you don't feel comfortable with facebook and you didn't want it after all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - qaseem k - 04-08-2014, 04:49 AM
[] - Insanegiraffe772 - 04-08-2014 04:55 AM
[] - Meryl M - 04-08-2014, 05:02 AM