This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my generation so messed up?
04-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Why is my generation so messed up?
Okay, I am 13 (Yes, I am a part of this generation...) and I am getting tired of hearing about all of the crap that people my age are doing today. It is just sickening. What is the problem? (That is a rhetorical question by the way) If we know what the problem is, then why are we not stopping it? I understand that Generation Y wasn't good either and most kids today are raised from parents from that generation. Personally, I think that some of the problem is that people my age are on their phone all of the time. Another factor is that the education that kids are receiving today is a load of bull. They are taught that everything is okay and that if you can dream it, then you can do it. When I was taught that in school, I asked the teacher, "What if we had a dream about flying?" You know what she did? She sent me to the office and I got a one and a half hour detention for discriminating the school. (Luckily I am in a Private School now) Another factor to this is that our "President' Barack Hussein Obama is not contributing to anything. It is just sickening. I do understand that he had a huge mess to clean up, but it is what? 6 years into his presidency and what has he done? Why is abortion okay? Apparently it is okay to kill a 7 month old baby, but it is really bad to chop a tree down. And I understand that there are exceptions to the rule. But, what is this promoting? Murder? If you didn't want to get pregnant, then why did you have unprotected sex in the first place? Oh wait, because it feels good. If it feels good, then it has to be fine for us. What about phones? Did you know that 80% of teens are on their phone constantly. That they go to bed with their phone? Don't get me wrong, I like technology. In fact, I want to be a computer scientist. I just think it is utterly disgusting that kids are constantly on their phone. Constantly. Phones used to have one purpose: To call. Then texting came out. Then the internet on the phone. Then apps. Then social media. And now this is where we are today. God forbid some of the parents take away the phones. No. They would feel wrong after doing that. They would feel that they emotionally scarred the child. I would like to know if I have a perfect view on this generation today or not. It is getting really bad. And after a little while of this, how do you think America is going to be in the 2030s? 2040s? 2050s?
Why would I join them. Then I would be hypocritical.
If I wanted to join them. What part of my generation looks appealing?
I do agree, but, I was going from an extreme to a minimal point. I am pretty sure what you understood from that but, If not, what I meant was that Liberal people will go out of their way to save a tree. But when It comes to killing a baby, it is perfectly fine.
No I am not saying that they should tell us that. But they should tell us to be realistic. But who knows, maybe that person will be the next world leader. Or basketball player. Or celebrity.
And I was in an extremely crappy mood when I wrote this. It helped vent off some steam... Lol. I feel better now. And I do have a lot facts wrong, but I was looking at it from a more figurative perspective. Not literal.
And a doctor is a dream that I do believe can come true. We have a need for doctors. Not so much on the NBA players.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why is my generation so messed up? - Mikey - 04-08-2014 04:43 AM
[] - t.swizzle+jb4life - 04-08-2014, 04:45 AM
[] - Y U Act Entitled? - 04-08-2014, 04:52 AM
[] - Stephen - 04-08-2014, 04:53 AM
[] - Taylor - 04-08-2014, 05:01 AM
[] - Desmond Massey - 04-08-2014, 05:04 AM