This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my generation so messed up?
04-08-2014, 04:52 AM

I agree with some of what you said but at the same time I think you're very naive on certain aspects. Trying to compare environmental issues (trees) to abortion is ridiculous... I think there are some things we don't get taught in school that we should, ie: environment... because plastic is awful for it but I won't get into that now (you have the internet, you can Google it).

I agree with the cellphones aspect tho... humans are becoming slaves to digital technology. Cell phones, the IDEA, is great. Problem is now that cellphones have so much to them, games, cameras... and I don't wanna say texting, because texting can be useful, but it does become a problem when people can't limit themselves and they send 1000 texts a day.

Also one more thing.... an abortion in the third trimester is against the law (federally) unless the womens life is in danger ( http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_law/ )... so really, they can't abort babies seven months in.

Also the reason you prolly got sent to the office was because you were being a smart-a**... words can be used in multiple ways, really "if you can dream it" doesn't mean flying around in lucid dreams, it means like your big goals in life, ie: making the NBA. Should they tell us that, no, we can't do anything... we have to conform to societies norms and live in a casta system? Should they tell us were not sh...t? The educational system ain't perfect in countries like the USA and Canada, but it's free and a lot better then most countries around the world.

Also another "check your facts" thing; teenage pregnancy rates now are lower then compared to the 70's through 90's, so it's not a generational problem that is getting worse.

EDIT: I know what you mean as "false hope" is never good, but typically people seem to have dreams they can reach if they work hard enough and the cards fall into place. For example if someone dreams to become a doctor, then that is a very achievable dream. Becoming an NBA player is a lot more difficult as there are only 200-something of them, whereas there are a lot more doctors... but it's still a dream that ain't impossible to achieve.

EDIT2: Yeah I know venting is good sometimes, can help clear your head and thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why is my generation so messed up? - Mikey - 04-08-2014, 04:43 AM
[] - t.swizzle+jb4life - 04-08-2014, 04:45 AM
[] - Y U Act Entitled? - 04-08-2014 04:52 AM
[] - Stephen - 04-08-2014, 04:53 AM
[] - Taylor - 04-08-2014, 05:01 AM
[] - Desmond Massey - 04-08-2014, 05:04 AM