This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will an Ebay seller get in trouble if I open a case?
04-08-2014, 06:30 PM

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS open a case.

IF the case is settled to your satisfaction, then the seller receives NO negative or anything "against them" at all! The case is dropped and it disappears from their records.

Go to the auction listing.

Scroll toward the bottom of the listing page to "Questions and answers about this item". (near the bottom of the page)

Click: Ask a question.

If the item was faulty, choose 'Item I received is not as described'.

An automatic claim process will begin, where you can negotiate the return of the item.

Remember that you have only 45 days from the purchase date to file for any kind of refund.

The seller will be given an option to refund the item plus return shipping, that much is up to the seller.
If you receive your full refund, you can close the case.

If the seller doesn't 'click' that option, or says that they 'can't' then you can wait the required number of days (for you guys to work it out) and 'escalate' the case. At that point an eBay rep will decide and may issue a full refund and or send you a pdf to print out a return postage for the item.

In your communication to the Seller, be professional (Just the facts maam). State your case as if you were talking to a rep and not writing directly to the seller.

"I received the wrong color of an item. The seller promised a full refund including shipping costs."

That is ALL you need to write. Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - cheeky - 04-08-2014, 06:26 PM
[] - beadbud - 04-08-2014 06:30 PM