This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my laptop freezes all the time?
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM

Your computer may just be getting a little bit old.

But some common things to try first:
1. Do a disk cleanup (type this into the search bar on the start menu). This will get rid of any junk hanging around your hard disk. It won't delete any important files, just random scraps left over from other stuff.

2. Do a disk defrag. Windows has this built in. Again, search defrag in the start menu and let the computer do its thing. Hit analyse and defrag.

3. Run a virus scan. There are many free programs out there, I recommend Avast! antivirus. It's free and darn good.

After that, if it's still slow, there may be something further wrong with your computer. I'm by no means an expert. I've just had my laptop for about 5 years, and when it gets slow I do those three. After 3 years, it was getting ridiculous, so i backed up my pictures and documents, made sure i had all the product codes for my software, and reinstalled the system from the disks that came with the laptop. Cleaned up everything and things were smooth again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
my laptop freezes all the time? - Esmail - 04-08-2014, 07:31 PM
[] - bee - 04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
[] - BioNerd - 04-08-2014 07:40 PM
[] - venu - 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM
[] - Dell Inc. - 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM