This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can China beat American pop culture influence?
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM

I don't think that China will ever beat America in its cultural influence. At least I hope not. The problem with China it that it is an authoritarian, autocratic, and you could even call it a communist nation and their main focus is economy and military. Any country that is primarily focused on economy and military and is authoritarian in modern times will almost certainly be culturally deprived and as a result their culture will probably not be that appealing. So while China will almost certainly take us over economically and militarily, I doubt that they will take us over culturally, perhaps that is left for some other country or group of countries to do. Also I doubt that English will ever be taken over as the top second language because both the powers of the United States and Great Britain speak it, millions of people in many different countries have learned it, the populous countries of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh use it as a unifying language of government and business, and even China itself is expected to become the top English speaking country in the world within the next few years or decades. Also, despite the fact that English is a pretty hard language to learn, Chinese is probably harder with the thousands of characters that they have.

But then again China does have an interesting historical culture to base itself off of and develop even further, but I don't think the Chinese government is particularly interested in doing that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Nathaniel - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[] - CTC - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[] - Violentbubble315 - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[] - tirrel00 - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[] - HelloGoodbye - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[] - TS - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
[] - yuzzyman - 10-15-2012 08:59 PM
[] - iRawr - 10-15-2012, 08:59 PM