This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my female kitten has gone missing.?
04-13-2014, 02:21 AM

Hopefully she's not in heat and off looking for a mate. As she's never been outside before and is nervous, she may be hiding somewhere close by and is waiting until it quietens down before attempting to return home.

I agree with others who've suggested you make up some "lost cat" posters and deliver them to every home in neighoburing streets. Be sure to ask people to check sheds, garages etc., in case she sneaked inside and has accidentally been locked in. Call local vet clinics and cat rescues in case someone has taken her there and where possible e-mail a copy of your poster to them so that they can let you know if she is brought in.

This article has some helpful advice on ways to search for a missing cat and has contact details for both regional and national missing pet databases where you can register her details. (Many of these are free of charge.)

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html

If money is tight there are organisations like Cats Protection, RSPCA, Celia Hammond Animal Trust and Spaywatch who offer vouchers towards the cost of neutering and spaying. Some independent cat rescues like my local one, have their own vet clinic where they offer free or low cost neutering. Don't be embarrassed to ask for help. They won't judge you because they're more concerned with the health and welfare of cats and want to reduce the numbers of stray and homeless cats by encouraging everyone to spay and neuter.

http://www.catchat.org/neuter.html#lowcost

When I moved from an apartment to a house with a garden, my previously indoor-only cat sneaked outside sometime during the night. (She'd figured out how to open the door to the bedroom balcony.) She was gone for more than 24 hours and despite house to house enquiries no-one had seen her. It was almost as though she'd vanished into thin air. When I heard cats fighting outside in the early hours of the following morning I rushed outside hoping she was there. She wasn't, but I did spot her face at the window of a neighbour's home! They had no idea she was inside their home, so she must have done a fantastic job of hiding from them and their cat the whole time.

Don't give up hope. Many cats who temporarily go missing in the UK turn up safe and well, and I hope your cat does too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Quenatic - 04-13-2014, 01:44 AM
[] - Suzsha - 04-13-2014, 01:50 AM
[] - danielle sackfield - 04-13-2014, 01:52 AM
[] - Libbylillith - 04-13-2014, 02:00 AM
[] - shae - 04-13-2014, 02:15 AM
[] - 968 - 04-13-2014 02:21 AM
[] - Maxi - 04-13-2014, 02:32 AM