This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a way to stop being so sensitive? I'm so sensitive and I hate it!?
04-14-2014, 01:45 AM

You need to realize that you are your own worst critic. When someone says something like that, don't just stand there and feel bad. Either ignore it, or make light of their comment like it doesn't affect you. You could say something like... 'ya, I know... people in my family tend to age really well... even my dad looks great for his age'. If someone is looking to get a rise out of you, they will feed off of your negative reaction. If they are not successful in getting that reaction, it may even piss them off that you are so together that they can't affect you Smile. I'm telling you... this works. Also, what makes it easier to deal with, is knowing that people who put other people down, are not happy themselves. It could be that their parents or siblings put them down and they are really insecure. As a defense mechanism, they put others down to make themselves feel less insecure about their shortcomings. You need to find the strength that I *know* is inside of you. I've known some awesome short young-looking people, and I dated one as well. What these insecure people say about you does *not* define who you are. You *are* a strong, intelligent young person who I have every confidence in to deal with these types of situations. Don't feel bad, feel sorry for *them*. You are *not* the one with the problem. Continue to speak to them as you would a friend of yours, and they will not feed off your reaction. Hope that helps!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Caroline - 04-14-2014, 01:39 AM
[] - Weckling - 04-14-2014, 01:41 AM
[] - Ava - 04-14-2014 01:45 AM
[] - Kay - 04-14-2014, 02:00 AM
[] - Christian in Jesus - 04-14-2014, 02:12 AM