This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever feel that we're getting way too much media entertainment and that it could be distracting us?
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM

Yes.
I spend more time watching the news, documentaries, historical and geographical topics than simple entertainment 'stuff' and often feel embarrassed when my own grown up children seem to be so unaware of what's going on in the world.
On the other hand, they all work very hard and after a long working day are less than inclined to spend much time keeping up with so much DEPRESSING news - which they can do little or nothing to affect (and have little faith in incompetent politicians resolving either).
From the few minutes I might watch them, I certainly think the QUALITY of some of the entertainment programmes is brain-rotting and is mainly responsible for the alleged dumbing-down of younger generations, who rarely want to discuss politics, economics and world affairs.
I find it rather scary so many of them have the right to vote - on issures they are 'blissfully ignorant' of.
Which I suppose produces the sort of 'governments' we get.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Neil - 04-23-2014, 06:05 PM
[] - nemesis - 04-23-2014 06:15 PM
[] - Stephen - 04-23-2014, 06:23 PM
[] - David H - 04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
[] - mac - 04-23-2014, 06:46 PM