This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i think my hp laptop has a virus?
04-28-2014, 02:46 AM

Unless your anti virus software has indicated a virus ( and likely removed it ) you probably need to adjust your settings to not allow these irritating pop-ups to appear. You really shouldn't need to reset ( perform a complete System Recovery ), to reset the computer back to factory specs. You'd likely be right back where you are now in a matter of days. Just take a look at the link I've provided to see how you can set your controls for the browser you're talking about. Also make sure you install and use any anti virus software you feel comfortable with. I use the following "free" anti virus software and recommend you try one or all of them. Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, can be programmed, and does an excellent job. Next would be Malwarebytes ( at .org ). Make sure you get the free version, and SUPERAntiSpyware free version. You can install more than one anti virus protection, just be sure to only run them one at a time to prevent conflict with each other. Be aware of the web sites and any links you visit to protect yourself from virus problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Aura - 04-28-2014, 02:19 AM
[] - Danny Donut - 04-28-2014, 02:28 AM
[] - Ken - 04-28-2014, 02:34 AM
[] - JT - 04-28-2014, 02:42 AM
[] - Smokies Hiker - 04-28-2014 02:46 AM