This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I get annoyed by repetitive behavior?
04-28-2014, 01:49 PM
I get annoyed by repetitive behavior?
It's not just as simple as I put it in the subject. With everyone I am close to, I always subconsciously find some particular behavior that they do and whenever I hear it, it's like listening to nails on a chalk board. It can be a boyfriend or a family member... not so much friends since I don't spend as much time with them as I would family and my boyfriend.

And it's the weirdest stuff that doesn't normally annoy people this much! It feels like I don't even see it coming either. The annoyance just pops up and won't go away.

For example, with my boyfriend, I keep hearing this swiping sound he makes when he uses the mouse on his laptop. It's so repetitive that I started noticing it and I can't stand it now! Stupid, right? I can also hear him swallowing hard a lot and it drives me crazy as well. (He's congested so I'm guessing that's why he's doing it a lot)

For my mom, for someone who chews with her mouth closed, she chews so loud! My sister has a slight inhale as she's chewing.... All these annoyances may sound normal, but I feel like I'm nit picking a lot! Esp since these are my loved ones! Why am I so annoyed with them?!

So in the end, my question is, is there some kind of disorder for this? Or am I normal? I feel like I fixate a lot.... Is there a way I can manage something like this? I try so hard to ignore it, but it's not easy at all since I get those chills when I hear or see the behavior.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I get annoyed by repetitive behavior? - Hello KT - 04-28-2014 01:49 PM
[] - Dexter26 - 04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
[] - Fahad - 04-28-2014, 02:01 PM
[] - Bittertooth - 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM