This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i text my ex-girlfriend?
04-28-2014, 06:32 PM

Well a few things.

17 and 20 is NOT that big of an age difference. lol. Probably the majority of married americans are that much or more. It may seem a lot because you are both young, and one is in high school and the other is in college, but that's really not that big a difference.

First, yeah I agree with her. Getting into an argument and deleting her from Facebook is extremely immature. She is right. Seriously? Be mature about it.

Second, you are being insensitive to her needs. She is trying to tell you that she likes you but her parents aren't used to the idea yet of dating an older guy. She needs your comfort and support, not getting pissed off at her. It is not her fault her parents don't like it. You should be on her side, not against her. Backlashing at her because of her parents is not the right thing to do. You have to accept that her parents are a very real and important part of her life and you can't just blow them off. I would suggest trying to go meet them. Let them see you aren't that old and maybe they will warm up to to.

If you want her back, yes you HAVE to suck it up and admit that you acted immaturely. Tell her you are sorry and that you want to work with her to find a solution with her parents. Be on her side, not against her.

The direct answer, don't text her. CALL her, say you are sorry, say you were wrong, say you were immature, and ask her how you can work together to convince her parents you are not really that much older.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Mircat - 04-28-2014, 06:07 PM
[] - What the... - 04-28-2014, 06:09 PM
[] - Shannon - 04-28-2014, 06:17 PM
[] - Cassie - 04-28-2014, 06:21 PM
[] - Bill - 04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
[] - elisha - 04-28-2014, 06:29 PM
[] - Zach - 04-28-2014 06:32 PM
[] - Paul - 04-28-2014, 06:38 PM