This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I control the urge to check Facebook?
04-28-2014, 06:31 PM

I never imagined there'd be a day when I'd be saying something like, "I remember when we didn't have..." But here I am... I'm 33 and I remember when there was no such thing as Facebook. In fact I remember when MySpace was very successful and the only real personalized social media site there was. I even remember when there was no internet.

But even back then, before texting, secret GPS apps on phones, internet social networks, etc., there were always jealous guys who stalked their girlfriends or otherwise monitored them whenever and however possible. So the real problem isn't Facebook. It's you and other guys like you. (That's not an insult, just a fact, as you admit in your question.)

So what do you do? You discuss it with your girlfriend. You be open and honest about your concerns. You learn to handle your emotions better. You learn how to spend your time being constructive instead of looking up Facebook crap that you know will bother you even if the postings by your girlfriend are totally innocent.

If you need to, you ask yourself if you actually, truly, really need Facebook and you delete the damn thing once you realize the answer is NO. But, if you do need it for constructive avenues such as, I don't know, school projects, political involvement, or whatever else, then delete your current account and make a new one with just what you need for special projects but not general social exposure.

I didn't ride to school in a horse-drawn carriage nor did I do my homework by candlelight. But I remember when there was no Facebook and somehow we all got by.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Noob Programmer - 04-28-2014, 06:14 PM
[] - Natalie - 04-28-2014, 06:24 PM
[] - Greg N - 04-28-2014 06:31 PM
[] - Xander Funck - 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM
[] - Marina - 04-28-2014, 06:42 PM