This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i help my parents allow me to get a youtube?
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM
How can i help my parents allow me to get a youtube?
So i am 15 years old and i have a youtube. My parents do not know about it though. I am a booktuber (someone who discusses books on youtube) and its quite a growing community. I have been doing so for about 2-3 months and have really been welcomed and supported by others.

I have social anxiety and havent really hung out with a friend in about six years or so. This is my first year doing online schooling (i am a sophomore in highschool) so i really don't get much social interaction. By doing booktube thus far i have felt more open and better about being social.

The issue is that my father is strict about social media sites, he believes that they will turn me into a bad child. Now, my parents are not strict in any aspect of the music, Tv, or movies i watch but social sites is the line for my father. I had a facebook with their permission in the 6th grade and someone called me a name and i had to close my page, since then it has been a rule for no SM.

I asked my mom before i made a youtube if i could make one (shes more okay with that stuff) and she said she'd think about it. That was that. I made one so if it went okay i could then bring it up again. I did last night and just asked her if it would be okay if i could have a youtube and she said we could discuss it today.

I feel bad about doing so without letting them know but its helping me a bit. When we talk today about this, what should i say to her so she can see it through this perspective?

Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How can i help my parents allow me to get a youtube? - Sakra - 04-28-2014 07:43 PM
[] - Carly - 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM
[] - AlphaGuru - 04-28-2014, 08:00 PM
[] - Cheetz - 04-28-2014, 08:09 PM