This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't keep friends for very long and everyone says I'm boring!?
05-08-2014, 04:52 AM

You don't sound boring, to me, at all. But maybe most people your age -- or most people at your school -- can't appreciate what you have to offer. "Hobbies and life experiences" aren't usually what teens are interested in. A lot of them are vapid, self-centered idiots who just want to talk about shoes, music, boys and stupid meaningless crap. (According to my almost-14 yo daughter who can't stand people her age). You're not running out of time, you're on the verge of only just beginning. I think you will find that as you get older, and meet older people, they will be more interested in meaningful, interesting friends like you. You might try making some new friends, maybe some of the quieter kids who everyone thinks are boring, too. They might surprise you. I'd also recommend going back to track or some physical activity. It helps with panic disorder. Search for a group of people who share your passions. For my daughter, her passion is sword fighting, fencing and pirates, and she joined a gym where she gets to hang out with people who have the same interests, the coach even dresses up like a pirate sometimes. If you can't find one IRL, look online. It will help to talk to people who can appreciate the same things you enjoy -- or maybe a panic disorder support group who can understand what you go through -- and you'll feel less alone. I wish you all the best.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Firefly Flame - 05-08-2014 04:52 AM