This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How am I meant to react to a friend who got engaged after a month of dating?
05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
How am I meant to react to a friend who got engaged after a month of dating?
I have a friend that met up with a guy from online dating. She 'has a boyfriend' within 1 date. This is the girl that has been desperate to meet someone, get engaged, married and have babies.(she is 32) She falls hard and fast. She needs constant attention, via text, calls. Even from her friends. She will date a guy she 'really likes' and thinks is 'amazing' and then it doesnt work out. Somehow she then goes out another date (often the next day) and then meets another 'amazing' guy. Like really?? another one...But that doesnt work. SHe will even go back to guys she has previously met and it didnt work out in case maybe she missed something. She is a good person, fun, funny, but very needy for attention. Well the latest guy seems to give her the attention she needs. Obviously likes her as much as she likes him...she has met his parents and vice versa. Weelll...for her birthday, her new boyfriend, her new 'love', took her away for the weekend, and proposed!!! She said yes!! On facebook, it seem her friends all have supported her, through nice comments, and 'likes'. I have not met the guy, but I am overseas...only a few of her best friends have either. basically, how am I meant to react?? Am I meant to support this when I dont? But I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but I feel I am rationale. Maybe I can suggest a long engagement? Any thoughts? Am I bad friend? I am also single, maybe I am being bitter and I dont realize it??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How am I meant to react to a friend who got engaged after a month of dating? - newman - 05-12-2014 01:40 PM
[] - Witch Chick - 05-12-2014, 01:45 PM
[] - Brian - 05-12-2014, 01:59 PM
[] - Barbara B - 05-12-2014, 02:10 PM
[] - Ricardo - 05-12-2014, 02:20 PM
[] - Julia35 - 05-12-2014, 02:32 PM