This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
re installing fire fox browser on windows 7?
05-26-2014, 05:42 AM
re installing fire fox browser on windows 7?
my browser has gotten corrupted....i'd like to do a full factory rest on my computer, but there is some data I am not ready to risk losing....i do have it call backed up on multiple sources (CD/flash drive)....but I was not able to upload one of the items on another computer.....i should be able to safely lose it in a few months...so I want to to try to wait to do the reset..

for now...my browsers are a mess...on fire fox many windows with various spam type ads pop up and slow everything down...new windows as well as the slide in windows ---from all sides taking up some of the screen...i try to close them...but that just causes more junk windows to open....i know what caused it....i downloaded from what it supposedly a reputable and legit site...but it caused havoc on my computer.....

THE QUESTION:

IF I UNINSTALL FIREFOX..when i re install...will I loose all those pop ups.....but will I also loose all my bookmarks?
they don't show up on IE Or Chrome...so I think they are attached to firefox only...I have tried removing the crapware.

i do have anti virus

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
re installing fire fox browser on windows 7? - JMITW - 05-26-2014 05:42 AM
[] - Art Bacon - 05-26-2014, 05:48 AM
[] - Chet - 05-26-2014, 05:57 AM