This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I blocked my family on FB and now I feel like a jerk?
06-22-2014, 04:01 AM

Isn't there a way to be friends with someone on Facebook but not see their posts? Isn't that called like Following? You can be friends with them but unfollow them and their stuff won't show up in your feed? Maybe, I don't know. I'm not the best with facebook.

You could maybe say you did it on accident? That probably wouldn't work.

You could say that you didn't like all the political views in your feed and you got sick of it that one day and decided to block everyone, but now you're over it (even though you're not) and if it hurts her feelings you'll undo it (but then you have to go back to the rants again. But then maybe try the unfollow thing?)

You could say the evil NSA did it, not you! (just kidding. Say Obama hacked your fb account instead.)

I'm not sure if you are trying to explain the problem to her while keeping your blocked status, or if you are trying to make up and keep peace. I am the 'keeping peace kind and fine I'll just take the hit of seeing all the rants I give up on you people' type of person. So maybe none of my suggestions are helpful.

You could hack into her account and then set her status updates to not include you and then every time she makes a post it wouldn't send to you.

You could just explain your reasoning calmly and rationally and apologize for any hurt feelings you may have unintentionally caused, but you decided you wanted to use your social networking site as a friend's only social networking site and it's nothing personal.

You could just explain to her the truth and then everyone can act as though they are mature adults? But that is rarely the case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - vcoop - 06-22-2014, 03:19 AM
[] - poopyh - 06-22-2014, 03:34 AM
[] - Joshua - 06-22-2014, 03:46 AM
[] - Bri - 06-22-2014 04:01 AM