This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm hating college, what should I do?
11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm hating college, what should I do?
College, education-wise is for me. However, everything else isn't. I live in a dorm and yes, I've made friends, but not friends whom I feel like myself around and actually have genuine fun with. Every weekend I want to go home because weekends here just make me depressed. I resist that temptation every time, only to be disappointed once Sunday night comes around and realize how sucky and lame my weekend has been. I hate how we're told our entire lives that college is the "time of your life".

The worst part? It seems as if everyone else is having a blast! People laugh their heads off, post statuses on facebook such as, "ahhh... gotta love college life!!!!", etc.

I've tried finding new people to hang out with since I typically hang with my neighbors. I also walked up to people, sat at new lunch tables, joined clubs, and participated in every campus event I could. I feel that people have already established their friend groups. I attend a very small college, so that may be a problem.

What can I do to make college life easier in the social aspect? It's only my first semester and I feel as if I want to become a commuter and try to somehow convince myself that this is worth it. Any ideas?
btw, don't mention sororities - my school does not have any.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm hating college, what should I do? - PrincessCharming - 11-09-2012 09:17 AM
[] - Rotor - 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
[] - loca - 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM