This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are some of my wall posts and comments in Facebook groups now showing up in Google search results?
11-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Your settings have nothing to do with when you comment on a group page. It is stated on groups info that when you join it is open to the public meaning that what you do and say is viewed by people who are not your friends. That being said it means Google will do what they do post every little thing done and said by a person on things like that. To me it is very wrong for them to be that prying. I guess they have become numb to what it can lead to people getting hurt or worse, because stories of people being singled out and had got hurt or their life taken for something they said or dome on computer was most likely found through Google analytics, it is something that shouldn't be allowed, but they hide behind the people have the right to know. People can see all that info when they type in anything pretty much, names and what they said on group or their own blog appears for all to see. But for facebook the only way someone can really see your profile is to be a facebook member, I have seen what some other people have said on searches before I joined facebook and tried to look and it shows the "you must be logged in or join to see this page."

Edit; You're right people can view those links, to me that is very wrong. When you want to find someone you have to join to see any profiles. Now people can see your name and profile picture on those links that is not right in my book. Now I will be more careful on this. And these in answers in here appear on Google things as well.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - "IXOVII,FSHRMN" - 11-09-2012 11:32 AM
[] - bodicea10 - 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM
[] - lowterritory568 - 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM
[] - hugechin607 - 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM