This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Help For Pitbulls?
11-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Need Help For Pitbulls?
I'm trying to start a little online Pitbull Awareness/Rescue group until I can find the means to start a physical one. I need help getting the page more likes and views to help kickstart the whole thing. If you don't mind, could you please help these wonderful dogs out?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Pitb...4724383207

Thank you so much!
I'm not even going to get into a discussion with someone as senseless and uneducated about the breed as you, Anthony. I'm sure you've never taken the time to learn about these amazing dogs. Please, do some research.

I've worked with many Pitbulls and not once have I ever felt my safety was threatened.
Another thing, if raised correctly, a Pitbull is just like any other dog. If socialized correctly, they are in not way dog aggressive.
no way*
Please, "dear." This is exactly why there needs to be people standing up for these fantastic dogs. No dog is "genetically" aggressive. Yes, some are dog aggressive, but also, so are everyone's lovely Chihuahuas, Boxers, Cattle Dogs, Poodles, etc.. Any dog is can be aggressive, if not socialized correctly. I made the mistake of not socializing my Border Collie/Australian Cattle Dog mix as a puppy and she is incredibly dog aggressive. Does this mean all Border Collies are aggressive? No. Don't blame the breed, blame the owners. It's as simple as that.

I work at a humane society where we gets dogs in of all sorts of breeds and temperaments. This means that I have been well exposed to the Pitbull breed. So, please, before you judge something you don't know, go meet a Pitbull and see if you still believe they are so "vicious."
In the 70's, they blamed the Dobermans. In the 80's, they blamed the German Shepherds. In the 90's, they blamed the Rottweilers. Now, they blame the Pitbulls. When will we blame the humans?

Also, in early America, Pitbulls were the most popular family dog. People train them to do what they want. They were bred for being LOYAL and that's exactly what they do.
Thank you, Chunky Lard! As of right now, I just want to start a little online "rescue" where people can share stories and pictures of Pitbulls (or any breed) that needs rescued. The more people see their faces, the more likely they are to be saved.
Eventually, I want to start my own real rescue.
Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need Help For Pitbulls? - dagnabbit - 11-09-2012 11:51 AM
[] - Anthony - 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
[] - Danielle - 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
[] - Ama - 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
[] - Chunky Lard - 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM