This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel like I'm being scammed by a girl I met on an online dating site.?
04-28-2014, 02:42 AM
I feel like I'm being scammed by a girl I met on an online dating site.?
I am in the military and reached out to a girl on OKCupid while I was in California...I live in Philadelphia full time. She had a complete profile with photos. I am usually pretty good at noticing the fake profiles, but this one didn't give me any signs ( http://www.okcupid.com/profile/jessica_0...le_similar ). Anyway, we hit it off via emails and then texts. Like I said, she lives in California and I'm in Philadelphia.
We didn't have a chance to meet while I was out there, but we continued to text and actually talk on the phone. She also added me on facebook and had 100's of photos and posts. Just to be safe I always do image searches to make sure I'm not getting scammed and for general safety...this turned up not one result. Yet another reason why I thought she was legit.
Going back to her phone...for some reason she wasn't able to receive or send photos and her voicemail wasn't set up. This raised a red flag so I searched for the number and it came up as a VoIP number out of Florida. I called the actual company in Florida and they explained that this was one of their customers, but they could be located anywhere including California. A friend told me a lot of girls use VoIP just to be safe when online dating.
In our conversations she said she was from Florida and her facebook profile seemed to back that up.
The whole situation seems a bit shady to me, but we really hit it off. Can anyone provide me other ways to get background on her?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I feel like I'm being scammed by a girl I met on an online dating site.? - Justin - 04-28-2014 02:42 AM
[] - Jake - 04-28-2014, 02:48 AM
[] - Corian Du Plessis - 04-28-2014, 02:54 AM
[] - Franco - 04-28-2014, 03:03 AM
[] - Molly - 04-28-2014, 03:04 AM
[] - Kittysue - 04-28-2014, 03:10 AM
[] - jl - 04-28-2014, 03:14 AM