This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can social networking and technological trends affect our intimate social time?
11-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Can social networking and technological trends affect our intimate social time?
I am due to complete my dissertation at University. I am on a Sports Development course and my proposed working title for my dissertation is. 'How social networking and technological trends can affect the future of participation in sport from youths'. By social networking and technological trends I mean (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Smart phones, I pad's, Face time, Skype). All things in which are a great benefit of living in the 21st Century however with such privileges of having such handy objects we may find ourselves becoming secluded from the outside world. It is no longer a necessity to go out and knock on for your friends anymore, Although it may seem silly to be asking this question because if you are aged 16 above you are likely to still be social however with the younger generations being introduced to such ways of communicating, when will they have the opportunity to go out and play? participate in exercise from morning til tea time like myself and many others my age and above would have done, younger generations can just go and Skype to talk to friends, or go on their Xbox's to play games online with friends. Although I do not yet have evidence to support my current assumption I would still appreciate your opinion on the matter, whether you think I have something worth talking writing upon?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can social networking and technological trends affect our intimate social time? - Jordan - 11-13-2012 05:50 AM
[] - Ramon - 11-13-2012, 05:58 AM
[] - ken - 11-13-2012, 05:58 AM
[] - Bored Gremlin - 11-13-2012, 05:58 AM
[] - Jody - 11-13-2012, 05:58 AM