This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I lost my card, canceled it and then it was found can I still reactivate it?
01-24-2013, 11:03 AM

No - You can't stop a stop.

And you don't want to. Really you don't

If you reported it lost - they deactivate the account so it can't be used - by someone else. They send you a new card with a new number.

I know it's an inconvenience BUT just because a person returned your card doesn't mean that person didn't write down the account number and the numbers on the back. And returning it could mean he hopes you don't report it lost - and then he goes out on the internet and buys a bunch of stuff.

So you are right to worry that it could have fallen in the wrong hands. And you should still worry about that - because one doesn't need the actual card to buy things on the internet. Just the numbers.

Would be nice to think this guy that found it was a Good Samaritan and a nice guy. But I would go with the better safe than sorry thing. Even if they do re-activate it (which they won't) and it's used by someone else - you will be liable for the charges.

I had the same thing happen several years ago. Christmas shopping - lost the card. Called immediately. Found the card when I got home in the back seat of my car so I knew no one else had touched it. Called again to tell them I found it. They would not re-activate. Like I said, can't stop a stop.

So best to leave it reported as lost, and wait for new card.

Yes, it's inconvenient and yes, you might have to wait 5 to 7 days to get new card in the mail. No, likely there's no fee for it.

It really doesn't matter if you don't want to go through all that. Sometimes one has to go through things they really don't want to. Life isn't all about instant gratification. Sometimes life is doing what's best - whether that happens right now or a week from now.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jo - 01-24-2013 11:03 AM
[] - G N A - 01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
[] - bdancer222 - 01-24-2013, 11:03 AM