This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone recommend a decent mobile phone?
04-08-2014, 09:29 PM

I don't like the way blackberries look and people are getting tired of them. They don't have such great specs.

I personally don't love Samsung Galaxies but most do so on't ask me about that.

Now, I'm also going through this so for me it was between the lumia 520 and a Sony Xperia J. I'm choosing the Xperia J. It's a little more expensive than the E. I think you can get the J for about 178 euros.

Ways the J is better than 520 : It has an LED flash where 520 doesn't. They both have the same size screen but I think the J has better colours, etc. It has Android (you can update it to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Not the latest version of jelly bean but others are only slightly different. The next big change will be with Key Lime Pi which doesnt even have a release date) The E also has this but a few things aren't as great + the J looks better and has a better camera.

Ways the 520 is better than J : It can play 720p videos and takes them where J just takes VGA (good enough i.m.o but important to mention). Has a faster CPU (dual core vs. single core). I think the J is fast enough for me.

When it comes down to it. THe 520 is faster but I dn't see the point if Windows Phone doesn't have the same apps. THe J might lag a little compared but I think it's worth it for the android apps. (instagram, more games, bbm (when it's released. it's confirmed for android but not windows phone), etc.

Also, I must add that the Xperia is more fragile and breakable so get a good case and screen protector

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Stephan - 04-08-2014 09:29 PM
[] - Swapnil - 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM
[] - Anonymous - 04-08-2014, 09:44 PM