This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many friends do you have on FaceBook and how many of them do you actually know?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
How many friends do you have on FaceBook and how many of them do you actually know?
As a project out of boredom, I've been going through all of my FaceBook friends and seeing who I really know. There are people at school that I've heard of or I've seen from a distance, but I don't really know. Then there are just random people that I might have just added because they were suggested to me. Earlier, I had 567 friends and so far, now I have 396. And there are still probably many I don't know. This day in age, what do we consider "knowing someone". It seems like you can just meet someone online and because you know their name, or their screen name, you "know" them. But in actuality you don't. This mentality many of us have is kind of stupid. I think we should only interact on FaceBook with people we would interact with in real life.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

I personally have about 70+ friends and i know all of them, unlike most people i don't accept any request's that i don't know and delete people i don't talk to or know because i like to keep my circle of friends close to heart.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Personally, most of my facebook friends I see or talk to at school, family members, or people i used to know. I also use facebook because if i see someone cute at school, i add them, talk to them on facebook, and a relatioonship gets rolling form there Smile Although, most people dont hang out with 500+ people in real life, it is also a way to see whats going on in their lives and keep in touch with old friends.
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM

I have a little over 800 facebook friends... there all either from
-school
-difirint churches ive been to/youth groups
-summer camps
-people ive met at the mall, movies, parties, etc
-people ive met during vacation

and i think thats pretty much it, but i NEVER add anyone that i've never seen/heard of in my life..like I atleast have to know WHO YOU ARE in order for me to add them. no creepers. I try interacting with as much people as possible because thats pretty much the point of facebook..
Smile
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

I have 285. I know most of them, though I only hang out with like 20 of the people on my friend list. Everyone else I've just met or talked to at some point in time and it was either a one time thing or I lost contact with them.
02-19-2014, 01:18 PM

I have 262 friends. I know, or at least knew, every single one of them personally. Classmates, family members, friends from years ago- only things like that. Weeks ago, after finding out that this random guy that I accepted as a friend was a wanted ex-convict with carnal knowledge & +12 warrants, I deleted him and began to only accept people I know in reality.