This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I allow depressive thoughts come into my head, how can I block them out(if that is even possible)?
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Why do I allow depressive thoughts come into my head, how can I block them out(if that is even possible)?
I'll try and make this short and quick as well as informative.

Ok, so I like this girl, we have spoken a phew times, she is in my class at college but she is not in my social group, she is in another. In this group there is this guy who, by my perspective, seems to like her, he always makes her laugh and try's to get close to her whenever he can. Basically this plays havoc with my mind of thought, I always look back at when I see her laughing at whatever the guy said and always imagine her going for him instead of me. This thought really brings me down and it can be depressing. The only good thing I can take from this girl is that she looks over at me quite a lot, it was agreed by a lot of people that her looking is a good sign. Anyway, how can I get these thoughts out of my head, it's lowering my confidence and no way can I stand a chance with low confidence. Thanks.
@Kayla: Are you on my profile to see how many times I ask this question? I am asking it quite a phew times to get as many answers. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Ask her to be your Facebook buddy. Then send her a message. That will boost your confidence. It might as well score you a date with your crush.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

Ok like the last time, my answer will be long. So yes, it is surprisingly and definitely possible to stop thinking like this. You just have to catch yourself thinking these thoughts and changeeee them. Tell yourself you could be wrong and substitute that for a more positive thought. Maybe she does have some interest in you, maybe she doesn&#x27;t see the guy like that and he just likes her. You&#x27;d be surprised what you could be wrong about. You just have to practice changing thoughts and it&#x27;ll take some time but YOU WILL feel better and start thinking more positively. Thinking negatively like that will only suck you in deeper and make you feel worse. You could be wrong. Start thinking more positively and work on confidence. I honestly can not stress how much this has worked for me- I was always told how negative I was about things and now people get annoyed when I tell them to think like this- and in so much happier now. It works after a while. Just believe it haha. Good luck !