This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are these good alcohols?
02-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Are these good alcohols?
I made a liquor lei out of the following:

makers mark, hennesy, patron, grey goose, johnniewalker(black), captain morgan, and jack daniels

I wanted to put in bombey sapphire or some other light items but the liquor store seemed to only have the whiskys rums and bourbons..

you think this selection is ok for a 21 year old or is it too ... mature. I chose these off of popularity from friends, social media, and friends parents.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 10:45 PM

Makers Mark is good bourbon
Hennessy can be a nice cognac. Get the VSOP or XO to be sure
Patron silver is a decent tequila enjoying the benefit of really good marketing. Get the Patron Reposado instead
Grey Goose is a decent vodka enjoying the benefit of really good marketing. Ketel One, Voxx, Belevedere are all better vodkas for the money
Johnnie Walker Black is a nice scotch. You almost can't go wrong with the house of Walker.
Captain Morgan is a respectable rum.
Jack Daniels is a very nice Tennessee Whiskey.

Ads

02-23-2014, 10:54 PM

It's not a bad selection, but only the people who prefer liquor will like the selection.

I for one has always been into liquor and always have (even at the age of 21). I notice that most kids in their early 20s are more into beer more than anything else. But I think that's cause they haven't found the right drink (liquor wise).

The biggest question is...have you had any of those drinks? You should sample each drink and buy what you like best.

Personally I can't stand Makers Mark, Hennessy, Johnny Walker Black (the crap tastes like an ash tray). Captain Morgan is ok, and I think the Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey is awesome.

My personal bar consists of Powers, Jameson, Bushmills Irish Honey, Espolon Blanco (it's cheaper and is better quality than Patron), Jack Daniel's Honey, Wild Turkey 101.

Those are all pretty good damn drinks, just thought I help out on your quest in having a private bar at home with a good selection.