This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A drawing for tickets ?
02-24-2014, 11:48 PM
A drawing for tickets ?
Ok, I've been asking a lot of questions recently regarding my yearning to buy Red Sox-Yankees tickets for April 27th for the 2014 season
(Just a tad anxious)

I use twitter and I tweeted to the Red Sox yesterday regarding this issue and they replied back with this

@RedSox: @Codreezy Games agains NY are via a random drawing. That will be available in late February on http://t.co/9oZ5URtAoV

Does that essentially mean, I will NOT be able to purchase 2 tickets for just that single game on the 27th or there's just going to be a drawing ?

Anyone ever buy single game tickets for a Red Sox-Yankees game before Boston ?

I'm getting overly anxious and really am anticipating this trip to do something I've always wanted to do
But it sounds like I can't get the tickets unless I do a drawing which sounds absolutely stupid

I can buy other away games on Yankees.com and other home/away games in May on redsox.com just nothing in April it really doesn't make any sense to me at all
HELP

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM

Just so you know the Red Sox are in Toronto on the 27th of April playing the Blue Jays. The 22nd, 23rd, and 24th is when they play the Yankees at home here at Fenway.

It is wicked easy to get red sox yankee tickets at Fenway. I have gone to 5 red sox yankee games here in Boston. I love the red sox.

All you have to do is get to fenway 5hrs before the game starts and stand in line on lansdown street and you will get tickets trust me I do it all the time for games especially yankee games. However you MUST have your who party in line with you because everyone has to have one of those slips with the rules on it. Once you purchase your tickets you have to go right into the ball park you can't leave because they do not want people trying to sell the tickets thats why it is one ticket per person. So if you are going with friends they all have to be with you in line because you are only allowed one ticket per person, so if you have 3 people with you then you can get 4 tickets but if it is just you then you can only get one. Tickets sell at face value.

You can also get tickets a week before the game if you are in the Boston area just go to the box office and purchase tickets.

Ads

02-25-2014, 12:09 AM

For most Yankee, Green Monster, and Right Field Roof tickets you enter into a drawing, to have the chance to be selected to purchase any of the above mentioned tickets. Once the drawing takes place you then receive an email saying if you were selected. If you were they tell you when the tickets you were selected for go on sale and they provide you with a link to the waiting room to purchase the tickets. Only click that link on the day you are supposed to purchase the tickets. I've done it every year since they've started doing it this way and have been selected all but once. Even getting selected to have the chance doesn't guarantee tickets. As long as you're flexible on the day and where to sit you can usually find some. Just keep checking the Sox website for them to put out the form to fill out to be entered. Hope this helped. Good luck getting tickets!!