This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do about this Facebook 'friend' situation?
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM
What to do about this Facebook 'friend' situation?
I worked with a girl six years ago, then moved across the other side of the country (we were facebook friends at the time).
I didn't really want her as a facebook friend in the first place, but added her to be polite as we worked together.

Anyways, about 2 months ago I had a spring clean of friends list, and took out all the people I had not seen or spoken to in those six years, old work colleagues etc.
Now I find a friend request from her and I don't know what to do! I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I don't want to be friends with her, I am never going to see her again and we haven't spoken in six years....what do I do??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 11:11 PM

Just ignore the request. If you are never going to see her again, what difference does it make? You are not obligated to friend everyone who requests it. I have requested friends who never answered, and do not take it personally. Many times they are rarely on Facebook and never see it. Other times they are just not interested. That's fine with me. If they are not interested, neither am I. (And they can't keep requesting you...the first one stays until it is either deleted by the asker or approved by the friend.)

Ads

02-28-2014, 11:27 PM

You should block her from facebook, just to be safe. She maybe wants to be friends with you and you personally don't want to, just decline her friend request and block her, it's as simple as that.
02-28-2014, 11:30 PM

the whole purpose of being on facebook is to keep in touch with old friends/people you havent seen in a while. so definitely add her unless you dont like her.
02-28-2014, 11:37 PM

If you REALLY don't want to be friends with her then you do have an option! Facebook added that when you select "Not Now", an option will pop up where they can never send you another invite. I'd just do that and not worry about it again!