This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I ask my boyfriend to delete his ex off of Facebook?
03-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Should I ask my boyfriend to delete his ex off of Facebook?
Would it make me look bad if I ask him to delete her? I'm not jealous of her or anything but I don't want him to have anything to do with her, esp being online "friends" who don't talk. It didn't bother me before, only recently when she got engaged and he til me he felt weird about it. He had a crappy day at work all day and I think that was the reason. I know he loves me and it's a good thing he told me how he felt and I understand since it was a six year relationship where they lived together but I want him to forget it since he's already moved on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 06:28 PM

Yeah you shouldnt be afraid to ask anything. atleast your not like my little sister who called her bfs ex a dirty whore and a fucking skank and too never message him again.

Ads

03-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Yes.
03-01-2014, 06:49 PM

I think Facebook is a realationship killer in itself. I dont have one or my boyfriend. I don't think it is okay to have an ex as a friend just because its wrong he should have nothing to do with her. He needs to leave the past in the past.
03-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Ask him if he's still talking to her and if he isn't then ask him if he can delete her because it makes you uncomfortable that she's still a part of his life in some way especially since their history is not relevant to you and him.

Exes should always be out of the picture.
03-01-2014, 07:04 PM

There is no scenario in the English language that requires the use of "off of".
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM

yes you will look bad and jealous suspicious and clingy. Do not ask this. If he is going to be in contact with his ex or any other girl deleting a social media account is not going to prevent it. He could even delete that account and then open another you do not know about if he wants to do that. he is just your boyfriend not your husband. What he does is not really your business unless he does things you do not like. Even then it is not your place to tell him anything, You can let him know how you feel about things and see if he changes. IF he doesnt then he was not the one for you and you find a new boyfriend. You cannot control his actions you can just let him be him and see if that goes along with what you want. He will cheat or he will not, that is all in the character of the man not his contacts on social media
03-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Wow, red flag much? He has no business feeling ANY kind of way about his ex getting engaged. If he DOES feel "weird" about it, then he's not completely over it. He may care about you, but a relationship with you isn't going to work in the end, not if he can't let go of her.

I think you should sit down with him and talk to him about this. Don't accuse him of anything; just tell him that you are NOT okay with him feeling weird about her engagement and that since that fact alone is enough to ruin an entire day of him then you think its time for him to delete her off facebook and move on. If he hangs his head and admits you're right, then it may eventually be okay.

If he gets mad and turns it around on you, or accuses you of controlling him, or anything of that nature, do yourself a favor and get out NOW.
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Yep delete! Then ull see how he feels. Alot of guys keep ex gf and flings and bops on their fb pages so youll know soon enough. Good luck
03-01-2014, 07:53 PM

What are you afraid of ? If you don't trust him you should just break up with him. asking him to cease all contact with his ex will just make you look insecure and clingy. She's moved on ( obviously, she's engaged to another man) and he's with you. Let it go.