This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I being catfished?
03-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Am I being catfished?
OKAY here we go.

I downloaded the kik app to message some friends who also used it, they showed me a "side app" called chatnow, which basically allows you to connect with people over kik. It's filled with a lot of horny guys but you can find some neat people on there and I've actually made a friend that I visited just last week! Anyways, I had a few people messaging me off and on, at one point I got 20 messages and the people, no offence to them, were a bit on the unattractive lonely type side(Hey, I'm not prize either) Then out of the blue, this really, really gorgeous girl messaged me. Best way to describe her is a tumblr girl. We got to talking, she's 19 and I'm 15. We started joking about being "wifey" and "hubby" then it basically just evolved over time to the point where we were flirting madly for a week all the time until it peaked and we just decided to be "official." I wasn't skeptical at all first, we had plans to skype pretty much the 6th day of talking but she ended up being at work late and we didn't. So no worries right? Then we start talking the next day and I ask to arrange a skype call and then she gets stuck in traffic with her mum and then my kik app crashed, and I didn't get any messages till morning, it took her a while to respond but then she says "you must not have gotten any of my messages, I'm in the hospital" She had kidney problems, the next day it was confirmed she had cysts on her kidney and most likely will need surgery to get them removed, which will take place tomorrow. Yesterday (when I found out she was in the hospital) she told me she loved me, and I said it back. We get along so well it honestly felt right. She sends me lots of pictures, she even sent me one of her in the hospital, although it was a black and white collage that only showed scrubs in one, someone sitting in a chair next to her, a hand on her bed and then half of her face in another. I sent her a necklace for christmas and a get well soon card, she asked me what she should get me and I said to take and send a pic even though she was in the hospital and she did, but all I saw was a blanket from home covering up to her chin and an ice pack next to her head that was supposedly supposed to have been on her kidney(this was the first day) Basically, she seems very likely to be real, but has denied making me a sign picture (we called ourselves pb&j as a cute thing so I sent her a pic of me with pb&j on my hand) she has denied talking on the phone, so far there has been excuses for skype. She doesn't have a facebook as it has "too much high school drama" she used to have an instagram but I can't find it, I searched her number on facebook and its linked to a very private account from the same city, but from what I can see it hasn't had any recent activity for over 1 year so they could have just forgotten to change the number on the acct when they deactivated their old number or whatever? It sound really bad, but she seems to genuine when we talk. I'm scared about the whole thing, I trust her but I've been catfished before so I'm very skeptical, we have plans to meet up in a few months. I guess the only proof I can get is skype right? I sort of brought up my fear of being catfished and she got really defensive. I really hope she's real, but in a way I'm already prepared for the worst. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 07:12 AM

Clearly, yes. You should disregard this person..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply