This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BE AFRAID: Google Spying on You ... New Policy Rolls Out March 1st?
03-08-2014, 08:42 PM
BE AFRAID: Google Spying on You ... New Policy Rolls Out March 1st?
In a move that could make it harder for its users to remain anonymous, Google said it would start combining nearly all the information it has on its users.

This could mean, for instance, that when users search via Google, the company will use their activities on sister sites like Gmail and YouTube to influence those users' search results. Google has not done that before.

Google's move -- which was disclosed in a privacy policy that will take effect on March 1 -- is a sign of the fierce competition between Google and Facebook over personal data. Facebook has amassed an unprecedented amount of data about the lives of its more than 800 million members -- information that is coveted by advertisers.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/google/2012/01...z1kVcEi6y0

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM

Tell me something that is new. Google has been doing this for years without your consent. However, they recently decided to add it to their privacy policy in order to avoid lawsuits. Google says that they cannot know what you search, however, when I search it already knows exactly what I want. As for Gmail, do you really think its secure? Email can be accessed by any user on the www. That person can be in Africa sitting in the rain forest using a computer with a satellite internet connection and still read your email! Google has been reading them for years in order to develop the powerful algorithmic system they have now. Facebook is 95% advertisements.

Ads

03-08-2014, 09:00 PM

Facebook is a scourge because workers are on their facebook instead of working, using the time they are being paid to work to enter details of their lives into this media for their "friends" to read.
If you were an employer, you would be wise to monitor your employees use of facebook while at work.

Google is not as popular as facebook, Lets admit that fact already.
Do you dawdle at work over google? HECK NO.
It is their GMail that is being monitored. Gmail has the capacity to transmit the pictures and videos over the internet..

and Gmail is now getting quite annoying with their multilayer ed cookies and spy add ons. Even adobe is into the same information gathering. I am surprised you did not mention it.
The same Flash programs you use to view/run the downloaded files are checking to see what are you downloading and watching.
03-08-2014, 09:15 PM

Big Brother will soon know every keystroke you enter, 24/7 One World, be afraid.