This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is nothing private anymore?
03-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Is nothing private anymore?
I never give my mobile number just to anybody.....but this morning I got a message to say your parcel will be delivered to your house at a certain time I never gave them my mobile number....so even if you dont give your number ..by hook or by crook they will find it...how?
Footballer...I never give my mobile number online ..if I have to give a number it will be my landline....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 06:15 AM

Perhaps you gave it to Amazon or Ebay and have forgotten

Ads

03-14-2014, 06:26 AM

I'm sure you must have given it to the account, I imagine if you go and look at the personal details it will be there. Did you ever link the account with any other account, facebook or anything?

Call customer services and ask where they obtained the number. If they are using some sort of directory enquiries service, you could suggest that they don't do that. Find out what it is and ask to be removed.

It is actually a data protection issue, so they should explain what info they have.
03-14-2014, 06:39 AM

I am inundated with Emails and texts regarding loan, PPI, bingo, competitions, surveys, debt, credit cards, bank loans, pay day loans, you name it they have been coming through every day. Some has sold my Email and mobile number on and i am having to inscribe to these unsolicited nuisances.
if you are not expecting a parcel then ignore it especially if they then want bank details etc!
03-14-2014, 06:42 AM

That's strange, you really do need to do what Deighton suggests, they are obliged to tell you...
03-14-2014, 06:45 AM

Yes, things are private.
03-14-2014, 06:56 AM

These companies have ways and means to know everything about you.
03-14-2014, 06:59 AM

Complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, http://ico.org.uk/ , because it's likely that an offence has been committed, and you may be able to claim civil damages too.
03-14-2014, 07:09 AM

Be grateful your parcel is even being delievered!
03-14-2014, 07:26 AM

two words BIG BROTHER