This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I by a gaming pc or build 1?
03-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Should I by a gaming pc or build 1?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM

Building one is cheaper and you can add your own coustamizations to it, but it takes awhile and it takes a lot of trial and error if you don't know what your doimg

Ads

03-15-2014, 09:58 AM

Building one.

You can learn how to build one in an hour, you'll save money doing so, and you can pick your parts depending on what you're doing on it (in this case, gaming). Lastly, you know you'll be getting quality parts. Prebuilt ones usually don't include the best parts.
03-15-2014, 10:07 AM

I wouldn't suggest buying a pre-built gaming PC from staples or somewhere like that as they use big words like "Quad core processor"-that actually only has a base clock speed of 1.4) or it comes with "8gb" of ram-that is generic brand and is extremely slow.

If you are buying a prebuilt one from your local computer shop 99% of the time you can ask to have certain parts added or exchanged before you purchase it so in reality you are somewhat building it before you buy it.

Or you do it the fun way and plan out the things that you "want" and then make your budget and start off with a good processor and mothboard that are on the higher end side and then you can work your way up with other components as you can afford them. This way is sometimes better because of the rate electronics become outdated now-days this will prolong the life of your computer a bit more.
03-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Build your own then download and install this free Linux operating system and games software. It's a big dowwnload of 3.7 gigabytes 'GameOver' 3.2 offers: access to games compiled for the Linux platform; access to 'popular' and 'modern' games via Steam and Desura platforms; access to many games created for MS Windows platform
get it from here
http://disrtowatch.com

Check out Gaming On Linux website here
http://gamingonlinux.com
03-15-2014, 10:32 AM

First off, are you completely sure that you are up to the task of building your own computer? If so, then I would be willing to lend a hand in picking out parts and any questions you can have with it. I would suggest you take a look at a few youtube videos of people completing builds because picking out the parts is a lot easier than putting your system together. The cables and setting up your components and software can be confusing, especially if its your first build. After deciding you really want to put a computer together, then you can message me on my facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBSN/205302762950470
if you want my help. Please include the web link for this yahoo question though for reference, along with your budget, and what you want to use your computer for. Also, I would need to know if you want it to be able to play blu-rays or if a keyboard/mouse/monitor needs to included in the price. Or is you want to be able to upgrade it later on.
03-15-2014, 10:44 AM

If you gotta ask then you're better off buying one
03-15-2014, 10:48 AM

Build one: more customization. Just so you know, you shouldn't use bad grammar in the gaming community or you won't be accepted.
03-15-2014, 10:49 AM

Build one its fun you get the specs you want and learn as you go along .
03-15-2014, 11:04 AM

to build your own custom build you need to have some tech knowledge it would be slightly cheaper then branded system. However acer and alienware are best gaming pcs you can check out what you need in custom build.