This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone had a bad experience after being friends with an EX ?
03-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Has anyone had a bad experience after being friends with an EX ?
I have a horror story about trying to stay friends with my Ex and I want to know if anyone has gone through anything similar. Best answer gets 10 points!

We were together for 2 and a half years - completely inseparable and totally in love (at least on my part).
After graduation, she got hired into a home health job with her father. 6 months later, I got hired into the same company.
After a few months, in March 2013, she talked me into working at the same house with her and her father. I didn't want to but I ended up agreeing and we were working together.
Within three weeks of working at the same house, long story short - she dumped me so she could start dating her brother's friend - we'll call him Douchebag. I knew him and she completely broke my heart into a million pieces. Well within a few months I was getting over it and we began to be friends. By this time, I really just wanted to be friends - I had lost hope in getting back together and eventually dated someone else for a little while.
Well, I ended up loaning her $80 (to this day I have NEVER gotten a penny back!) I took a total of about 7 entire 18-hour shifts for her, so she could go places with Douchebag (like concerts, amusement parks, etc.)
I was always there for her, I was extremely nice and considerate and talked to her like a good friend.
A couple weeks ago in Jan 2014, she wanted me to work her shift again so she could go to a concert (18 hr. overnight shift) I said it was fine, but I wanted her to come in anyway, even if it was in the middle of the night, after the concert was over. She agreed she would if she could (there's no reason she couldn't have).
By 6 a.m., she hadn't shown up or texted me, so I sent her a rude text message about it out of being annoyed.
A few days later, on my 20th birthday, her boyfriend and 2 of his friends decided that they would cuss me out "F** you!" and "Come and get me!" etc. over Facebook over that text.
So I started arguing with her, her boyfriend and his friends and was trying to get him to call me so we could talk and settle things.
The next day, before I knew it - her dad (who I had also taken shifts for) was threatening to say things to my Boss to get me FIRED, was threatening harrassment charges and restraining orders - and he was telling me PERSONAL information that should've been kept between me and her.
So... I ended up QUITTING my job at that house (not my entire job at the company) so now I am getting less hours at work AND she will certainly never pay me back the money I "loaned" her!
So, there you go -- if an Ex breaks your heart and you're able to stay friends:
They're probably just using you to their own benefit and once they don't get what they want - well, they'll turn against you and hurt you all over again!
At least in my case. But that's fine, isn't it? -- because you don't want to lose them.
anyone else have bad experiences?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM

no

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply