This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please answer, noone's answering!?
03-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Please answer, noone's answering!?
I've fallen for a very shy man who's in his mid 40s. He lives on his own and I would guess he has never had a relationship with a woman, at least not a serious one. We used to work together and I could feel a definite chemistry between us. I tried asking him out and for various reasons it didn't happen, but he was always friendly (he would talk to me any chance he got and we would have lunch together at work).

I've told him I'd like to see him again but didn't get any response. I think he's either not interested or too shy to contact me. Should I try to initiate contact again or give up on him?

Does anyone have any experience of shy older men?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 01:13 PM

You could try, but there are some men who are content with their own company. I know a few like that - over 40, never married, perfectly pleasant and in over 20 years of knowing them, no partner.

Ads

03-23-2014, 01:22 PM

i would say take a shot at asking him once more. never hurts to ask, the worst that could happen is him avoiding response or saying no.

on the other hand - he could just as easily be gay. lol
03-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Keep trying to ask him out. I'm a shy man, myself. But I wouldn't turn down an invitation to date.
Does this associate of yours have a facebook account? Persistence generally pays off.