This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Hindu religious festivals more social than Christian and Muslim festivals?
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Are Hindu religious festivals more social than Christian and Muslim festivals?
Such as Hindu's Holi where every one plays with colour, Kali Puja or Diwali's cracker explosion, Bhai fota a festival when sisters bless their brothers for good luck, are they more social?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

In true sense 'Festivals are festivals'-- all are equal

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Any kind of festivals (Exeption Violent like Bakri Eid) are always better to than any non cultural act.
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Festivals of all the religions attract all the people equally. We cannot say that one festival is more social than the other is our figment of imagination.

Just think of Eid or Christmas Day or Diwali; the people of all hues attach the same importance and show their social fervor and enthusiasm. The feeling can be seen on their faces. It can also be seen in the market places etc. No difference in social stature at all. All the festivals elicit equal spiritual feeling. This is really great thing.
03-24-2014, 10:52 AM

I heard that guys danced with guys instead of girls.
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Well i couldn't disagree on that situation about festives of the Hindus but i disagree about the statement MORE social than the Muslim Culture because even i cannot denie that Islamic Culture influences a social culture also. And there aren't any festivals in Islamic Culture as i have observed or experienced.
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM

festivals are commercial enterprise