This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Facebook "Friends" To Blame For This Woman's Suicide?
03-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Are Facebook "Friends" To Blame For This Woman's Suicide?
A woman announced on Facebook that she was going to kill herself before she took her own life on Christmas Day. So why didn't any of her 1,082 "friends" stop her?

Simone Back, a 42-year-old English charity worker, wrote the following status update before committing suicide: "Took all my pills be dead soon bye bye everyone," according to the Daily Mail.

But Back's friends were less than sympathetic.

"Some of the Facebook friends posted messages calling her a liar and one said it was 'her choice.' Seventeen hours later, police broke down the door of her flat in Montague Street, Brighton, and found her dead," the Telegraph reports.

While some Facebook friends from out of town reportedly pleaded for her address and telephone number so they could get help, none of those who lived nearby did anything, with several suggesting that she did this sort of thing all the time, according to the Mail.

Facebook, for one, was troubled by Back's death.

"We were deeply saddened to hear of the recent suicide of Simone Back," a spokesperson for the company told The Huffington Post, adding that there are resources available on Facebook to help a friend in need.

What do you think? Is Simone's blood on the hands of her 1,082 Facebook friends?

What do you think of this story. Who is the blame for her suicide.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:13 AM

i think because no really liked her

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:16 AM

it sounds like a fake story but if it was true it just goes to show what human kind is all about.
03-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Well the ones who wrote messages certainly contributed. Obviously she has some stuff going on for her to do that in the first place, but to write offensive messages to a suicidal person is ridiculous. The trouble with the internet is people think that once they're behind the screen, they're the shiz and that they can say whatever they want and it won't have any consequences. They wouldn't dare say it to someone's face, and it's so childish.

~http://gemmologyrocks.tumblr.com/
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Well, if she had posted on her facebook: "SHOULD I take all my pills and kill myself?" And then people said it was her choice I would say there's people to blame there.

But she had already taken the pills and THEN posted on facebook. Nothing her friends could say wouldve made a difference then.

P.S: my best friend did the EXACT same thing a few months back.
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM

the only person to blame in this story is the women who killed herself she must of had some on going problems which mean she had planned on killing herself anyway and all her facebook friends could of done nothing to stop her unless they were to be with her every second of every day